Nutrition Month Malaysia 2015
Eat Right, Move More: Prevent Diabetes from Young
Did you know that one out of five adult Malaysian is diabetic? The prevalence of diabetes has increased among younger adults and even teenagers too! Again, this is caused by avoidable lifestyle choices. While the long-term complications of diabetes develop gradually, they can eventually be disabling or life-threatening.
Nutrition Month Malaysia 2015 will focus on diabetes prevention in both adult and children/families, with the theme “Eat Right, Move More: Prevent Diabetes from Young”. The key objectives are to create greater awareness of diabetes and highlight the importance of good nutrition and active lifestyle in every family unit towards diabetes prevention.
A series of activities on promoting healthy eating and physical activity will be carried out:
- Family Carnival at Paradigm Mall, 26 to 29 March 2015
- Prevent Diabetes Guidebook, the main publication of NMM 2015 focusing on diabetes prevention and management, targeting families, high risk individuals and people with diabetes.
- Series of educational articles/supplements to be published in major newspapers and leading health magazines.
- Health messages promoted via NMM Facebook page, NMM website, and selected radio stations.
- Expert interviews, aired on selected TV and radio stations.
Find Out More
Browse individual post for detailed information on our events and publications.
Cotra Enterprises Sdn. Bhd. (Vitagen)
Dutch Lady Milk Industries Berhad
Gardenia Bakeries (KL) Sdn. Bhd.
Nestle Products Sdn. Bhd.
PepsiCo (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
Serba Wangi Sdn. Bhd. (ecoBrown’s)
Yakult (M) Sdn. Bhd.